About Zhejiang Lab
Zhejiang Lab is a research institute established jointly by the Zhejiang Provincial Government, Zhejiang University and Alibaba Group in September, 2017, which is located in the central area of the West Hangzhou Scientific Innovation Corridor.
Focusing on five areas including intelligent perception, artificial intelligence, intelligent computing, intelligent networks, and intelligent systems, Zhejiang Lab carries out researches on cutting-edge and fundamental topics, explores key technologies, develops core systems, and builds large-scale technology infrastructure and major research platforms. Zhejiang Lab aspires to build a world-leading basic research and innovation center to support the development of a smart society in the future.
Currently, Zhejiang Lab has been duly authorized to lead the construction of the Zhejiang Provincial Laboratory for Intelligent Science and Technology.
1. Intelligent Perception
Human-like perception, quantum sensing, optical fiber sensing, etc.
2. Artificial Intelligence
Data intelligence, intelligence integration, artificial intelligence algorithms and platforms, artificial intelligence social experiments, etc.
3. Intelligent Computing
Fundamental theories of computing and data science, intelligent and cognitive science, and biological computing; intelligent computing hardware, intelligent computing software, intelligent computing platforms, etc.
4. Intelligent Networks
Future communications and networks, industrial internet, etc.
5. Intelligent Systems
Intelligent robotics, connected healthcare big data, financial technology, etc.
For admission into the Center, an applicant needs:
A PhD degree granted within the last 3 years.
Excellent academic performance and fine characters.
Preferably under 35 years old.
1. Our Lab offers each postdoctoral researcher an annual pretax salary of CNY 400,000 (including talent subsidies provided by provincial, municipal, and district programs).
2. Each postdoctoral researcher will receive a start-up research subsidy of CNY 100,000.
3. Each postdoctoral researcher supported by the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (CPSF) or the Zhejiang Postdoctoral Science Fund for Excellent Project will receive a matching research grant provided by Zhejiang Lab.
4. Qualified postdoctoral researchers can apply and compete for grants funded by the National Postdoctoral Program for Innovative Talent and the International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program / Talent-Introduction Program. These additional grants will not be calculated into annual salaries.
5. Our Lab offers standard insurance packages for postdoctoral researchers according to relevant regulations in China.
6. Our Lab also offers rent-free, furnished apartments for postdoctoral researchers.
7. By the end of the postdoctoral research, those with excellent performance will have opportunities to be employed as senior researchers at Zhejiang Lab.
8. Zhejiang Lab will provide a certain level of support for postdoctoral researchers' academic exchanges with top universities and research institutions in China and abroad.
Postdoctoral Introduction Programs
1.National Postdoctoral Program for Innovative Talent
The program integrates key research bases such as national laboratories and focuses on national strategic fields including advanced or fundamental science and technology. 400 fresh or newly graduated individuals will be funded in 2021.
A total of CNY 630,000 will be subsidized to each individual by the Office of China Postdoc Council (OCPC) for two years, including CNY 200,000 each year for postdoctoral daily expenses, CNY 200,000 for postdoctoral science funds, and CNY 30,000 for international exchange.
Application Period: January-March,2021
2. International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program（Talent-Introduction Program）
The program is targeted at excellent international young scientists holding a PhD degree (also including those Chinese based in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan of China, as well as young Chinese received a PhD degree abroad and not yet returned to China by the time of application) pursuing postdoctoral research in a Chinese institution.
The applicants shall have obtained their doctoral degrees from a university in the Global Top 100 University List; or the research discipline in the department/faculty for PhD degree is ranked in the Top 100 discipline list. For applicants from countries located along the Belt and Road, the applicants shall have graduated with doctoral degrees from the top 3 universities of their country. 500 individuals will be supported nationwide in 2021.
An allowance of CNY 200,000 each year will be subsidized to each individual by OCPC for 2 years.
The OCPC will take a direct funding for the doctoral graduates from the Top 30 universities in the world on a first come, first served basis. 150 individuals (including 100 returned students and 50 foreigners) will be subsidized by the OCPC in 2021.
Application Period: for applicants who are not directly funded, the program will open for application twice, and the deadlines are on April 15 and October 15 in 2021 respectively.
3. Special Funding (Pre-Station)
The funding is targeting at newly graduated doctors in China and abroad to engage in innovative research in the frontier field of natural science. 400 individuals will be funded nationwide in 2021.
An allowance of CNY 180,000 will be subsidized to each individual by China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (CPSF) for scientific research.
Application Period: January-March, 2021
Applicants should send their application materials including resumes and major academic works to the designated email address, stating when they expect to start their research at our Lab. The subject of the email should be "Name + Postdoctoral + Research Interests". Alternatively, applicants can complete and submit the application on the website of our postdoctoral center.
Interviews will be arranged for applicants who have passed the preliminary evaluation.
Selected applicants will sign recruitment agreements with our Lab.
Selected applicants complete the employment procedure at our Lab.
Contact Person: Ms. Xu or Ms. Tao
Tel: +86 (0)571-56393361 or +86 (0)571-56393327
Fax: +86 (0)571-56390666
Address: Room 1513, Main Building, Zhejiang Lab, Zhongtai Subdistrict, Yuhang District, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, P.R.China.
Zip Code: 311121