About Zhejiang Lab
Zhejiang Lab is one of the top research institutes in China and co-founded by the world-ranking Zhejiang University and innovative enterprise. Focusing on five areas including intelligent computing, artificial intelligence, intelligent sensing, intelligent networks, and intelligent systems, Zhejiang Lab carries out research on cutting-edge and fundamental topics, explores key technologies, develops core systems, and builds large-scale technology infrastructure and major research platforms. Guided by the vision of supporting the development of a smart society in the future, Zhejiang Lab aspires to build a world-leading basic research and innovation center, and to become an international platform for talent development and exchange.
Zhejiang Lab invites applications for post-doc in the areas below:
1. Cutting-edge Fundamental Research: computer and data science, cognitive science, bio-computing, trusted computing, etc.
2. Sensing Science: humanoid sensing, quantum sensing and precision measurement, fiber optic sensing, etc.
3. Data Science: data computing, machine learning, cross-media intelligence, artificial intelligence social experiment, etc.
4. Computing Engineering: computing hardware and software, computing platform, big data blockchain, digital twin, AI Algorithms etc.
5. Network Science: new-type network, broadband communication, network component and optical chiplet system, network security, industrial internet, etc.
6. System Science: robotics & automation, internet-based healthcare big data, intelligent transportation, financial technology, etc.
A PhD degree granted within the last 3 years.
Excellent academic performance and fine characters.
Preferably under 35 years old.
1. Each successful applicant will receive an internationally competitive salary (up to CNY 600,000 before tax), and a fringe benefit package that includes a rent-free furnished apartment, meal allowance, salaried annual leave, annual physical check-up, high-quality educational resources at pre-school and primary stage, etc.
2. Each successful applicant will receive a start-up research subsidy of CNY 100,000, and are able to receive additional funding by applying for or participating in other projects.
3. Each successful applicant who received funding from China Postdoctoral Science Foundation or Zhejiang Province Postdoctoral Advanced Program, will receive a matching research grant provided by Zhejiang Lab.
4. Qualified applicant can apply and compete for grants funded by the Postdoctoral Innovative Talent Program and the International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program/Talent-Introduction Program. These additional grants can overlap with salary package.
5. Each applicant graded as "Good" or "Excellent" are able to renew the contract with Zhejiang Lab; Retained post-doctor with "Excellent” grade is eligible to apply for "Associate Research Fellow/ Senior Engineer” title.
6. Successful applicants will be provided with state-of-the-art research platforms, ample laboratory space and excellent office environment, etc. Academic freedom and a multicultural work environment will be guaranteed.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community for the world cutting-edge research and especially welcome international applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Postdoctoral Introduction Programs
1.National Postdoctoral Program for Innovative Talent
The program integrates key research bases such as national laboratories and focuses on national strategic fields including advanced or fundamental science and technology. 400 fresh or newly graduated individuals will be funded in 2021.
A total of CNY 630,000 will be subsidized to each individual by the Office of China Postdoc Council (OCPC) for two years, including CNY 200,000 each year for postdoctoral daily expenses, CNY 200,000 for postdoctoral science funds, and CNY 30,000 for international exchange.
Application Period: January-March,2021
2. International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program（Talent-Introduction Program）
The program is targeted at excellent international young scientists holding a PhD degree (also including those Chinese based in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan of China, as well as young Chinese received a PhD degree abroad and not yet returned to China by the time of application) pursuing postdoctoral research in a Chinese institution.
The applicants shall have obtained their doctoral degrees from a university in the Global Top 100 University List; or the research discipline in the department/faculty for PhD degree is ranked in the Top 100 discipline list. For applicants from countries located along the Belt and Road, the applicants shall have graduated with doctoral degrees from the top 3 universities of their country. 500 individuals will be supported nationwide in 2021.
An allowance of CNY 200,000 each year will be subsidized to each individual by OCPC for 2 years.
The OCPC will take a direct funding for the doctoral graduates from the Top 30 universities in the world on a first come, first served basis. 150 individuals (including 100 returned students and 50 foreigners) will be subsidized by the OCPC in 2021.
Application Period: for applicants who are not directly funded, the program will open for application, and the deadlines is on Sept. 30, 2022.
Please click here for more information.
3. Special Funding (Pre-Station)
The funding is targeting at newly graduated doctors in China and abroad to engage in innovative research in the frontier field of natural science. 400 individuals will be funded nationwide in 2021.
An allowance of CNY 180,000 will be subsidized to each individual by China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (CPSF) for scientific research.
Application Period: January-March, 2021
Please submit a complete application package including the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org：
1) Cover letter;
2) Curriculum Vitae;
3) Research statement.
The subject of the email should be "Name + Apply for the Position + Website".